USTA Recreational Coaches
Training for coaches and instructors
A Recreational Coach Workshop is an interactive, on-court training program designed for tennis teachers and coaches working with players at the recreational level.
Taught by a specially trained, certified teaching professional, this active 6-hour session covers:
• Teaching large groups
• The games-based approach to coaching
• Running effective team practices
• Games and drills every coach should know
Who attends a Recreational Coach Workshop?
These workshops are an excellent primer for new coaches as well as a valuable refresher course for those with teaching experience but who seek more current methods and effective tools. Past attendees include:
• Parents seeking the basics in coaching and organizing team tennis
• Park and Recreation instructors, high school, and seasonal coaches
• Coaches teaching kids and adults who are new to the game
• Current players seeking part-time teaching jobs
Upon completion of the six-hour workshop, attendees will:
• Be eligible for the United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA) Developmental Coach Classification
• Be able to effectively run entry level groups and teams
• Receive access to the latest in transition ball technology and additional coaching resources
Top trainers. Top results.
Our faculty are all certified by the Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) and/or USPTA and have received special training from the USTA.
The USTA assigns trainers based on reasonable time and travel requirements. Once a trainer is assigned to a workshop, he or she will work with the host site director to ensure all appropriate arrangements are made for a successful workshop. Workshops must have a minimum of 20 participants.
Why host a workshop?
Providing high quality instructors and coaches will make your program more attractive to local consumers. Plus, as a Host site you will receive even more benefits from the USTA:
• Financial reimbursement based upon completed evaluations
• Certified trainer at no cost to the workshop host
• Customizable marketing materials to promote the workshop
• Youth and adult curriculum materials
• USTA Teaching Group Tennis and Games Approach to Coaching videos
It’s easy to get started today. .