Get out of that dark musty gym membership and get out on a tennis court!
Introduce yourself to one of the most popular lifelong sports in the world. USTA Texas Adult Recreation programs offer fitness and fun for all adult playing levels from novice to extreme competitive tournaments. But the best part is that you don’t have to begin or have played as a child; tennis can be played and started at ANY age, even as an adult and senior!
Tennis is a lifetime sport and USTA Texas is dedicated to offering the best programs to help you get started, find someone with your ability and skill level (even as a beginner) or get back into the game.
FOR ADULT TENNIS PLAYERS (Where to find stuff?)
- New to tennis and want to play in a tournament with other adults? Join a beginner Lone Star League. Click on WELCOME.
- Return veteran wanting to play in a USTA Texas League? Discover USTA Offerings and steps to join a USTA League by contacting a league coordinator by clicking here.
- Need to find a place to play, a partner or tennis pro? Click playtennis.com. Find rules and other tennis information for adults by clicking here.
FOR ORGANIZERS AND COORDINATORS
- Host adult tennis mixers. Included cocktail hour and music to liven up your courts.
- Invite your local Community Tennis Association to your tennis events. A strong bond with your CTA will create amazing possibilities for your facility and community.
- Attend the USTA Texas Community Development Workshop to expand your tennis knowledge.
USTA TEXAS ADULT RECREATION PROGRAMS (Beginners)
Ready, Set, Rally! was developed for the adult beginner who...
- Wants to stay or become active
- Has the desire to learn to play tennis in a fun and easy way.
- Would like to meet new people.
The curriculum within Ready, Set, Rally! is “play-based.” This means we want the participants to actually play tennis while they learn to love the game. No standing in lines, rallying with a partner the very first day, and melting the calories with constant movement.
This USTA Texas program isn’t just an exciting learning tool for beginners it is also a way for adults to stay social with people in their community. When you sign up for Ready, Set, Rally! you will receive several tools to create an adult driven atmosphere.
If there are parents sitting patiently while watching their children play tennis, why not give them a chance to have fun too! Because Ready, Set, Rally uses the same modified balls as the Kids’ Tennis Club, you can set up a neighboring court for beginner parents to learn as their children are learning
SENIOR TENNIS CLUB
Live it up! Staying active has never been easier with the United States Tennis Association. Join the USTA Senior Tennis Club to help your seniors stay healthy, social and active. By using the modified equipment and a smaller court size developed by the USTA, people of all ages have been able to improve their strength and agility all while having a great time! Bring a little friendly competition and excitement into your senior living with the USTA Senior Tennis Club!
Click Senior Tennis Club
to read more about the benefits of offering this program to you retirement community, rehabilitation center or nursing home.
For more information about Adult Recreation tennis at USTA Texas contact Megan Longbotham
or call (512) 443-1334 ext 218