Team Texas Summer Zonals and National
USTA junior summer team events are approaching with opportunities for USTA Texas tennis professionals to serve as team coaches! The USTA Texas will recruit coaches for the USTA Boys and Girls 12 Zonals, 14 Zonals, 16 Zonals, 14 and 16 Intersectionals, USTA B18s National Team Championships and USTA G18s National Team Championships.
We will also recruit a team for the 2014 World Team Tennis Junior Nationals. USTA Texas coaches will be expected to organize the players and participate in other duties appropriate for the events. USTA Texas will pay travel expenses to and from the event, lodging at the designated hotel (or dormitory), food, and a stipend per each coaching day.
If you are interested in serving as a Team Texas Coach in 2014:
- A new, updated application must be completed each year, even if you have submitted an application before.
- Complete the enclosed response form and personal information form. Indicate your preference for the events by prioritizing your first, second, and third choices on the response form.
- Return the forms no later than Friday, April 11, 2014. Responding will not guarantee selection to an event. All responses will be considered.
- Selections will be made by the USTA Texas Executive Director, Chairman of the Junior Tennis Council, Chairman of the Coaches’ Commission, and Director of Competitive Tennis. Some who have served previously may not be selected for 2014, in order to give others a chance to participate.
- All selected coaches will be notified by April 18, 2014. All selected national coaches will be required to submit a USTA background check.
Requirements for Team Texas Coaches:
- Must be a current USTA member!
- Must be able to arrive a day early for the event to attend all meetings and seminars required. Must be able to remain for the duration of the event. PLEASE do not apply if you cannot stay for the entire event!
- Must follow the rules, philosophy, and responsibilities required by USTA Texas during the national event.
- Must complete the Response Form and USTA Texas Coach Application and return by deadline.
- Must agree to a standard background check.
- USPTA / PTR Certified Professional is preferred.
If you have questions, please contact Mick Walter
in the USTA Texas Office at:email@example.com
or call (512) 443-1334 ext. 209.