At the recent USTA Texas Annual Meeting the Junior Tennis Council has made the following changes:
Effective immediately - All Super Champ Major Zone entry deadlines will be standardized to take place two Mondays prior to the start date of each tournament – at 11:59pm.
- Effective April 1, 2012 - Super Champ Major Zones will no longer use the all factors method for seeding and draw splits. All seeding and draw splits for singles will be based on the most current Super Champ Standings List.
- There will be no special consideration for younger players, Out of Section players, national rankings, significant wins or head-to-head wins.
- Effective April 1, 2012 - The doubles seeding and draw splits at Super Champ Major Zones will be based upon the most current combined singles ranking on the Super Champ Standings List for each team.
- Effective April 1, 2012 - While it is still strongly encouraged to register together with a specific partner, players may now register for doubles individually. Any player who registers individually will be paired with another individual entrant in descending order from the Super Champ Standings List. Players may not make changes to this pairing unless a substitution is required from an original partner’s withdrawal.
- Effective April 1, 2012 - Doubles substitutions for withdrawals are now allowed anytime before the doubles team’s first round doubles match (the substitute player must still be entered in singles in that same age division).
Out of Section Players
- Effective April 1, 2012 - Out of Section players will be seeded and placed into A or B draws based on the Super Champ Standing List (no special consideration towards draw splits or seeding).
- Effective September 1, 2012 – Out of Section players are limited to one Super Champ Major Zone per quarter.
The schedule is as follows:
- 4th Quarter 2012: October Super Champ Major Zone
- 1st Quarter 2013: January Super Champ Major Zone
- 2nd Quarter 2013: April Super Champ Major Zone
- 3rd Quarter 2013: August Super Champ Major Zone
- 4th Quarter 2013: October Super Champ Major Zone
- Effective April 1, 2012 - The Super Champ age up percentage will be 35% for all age divisions. In order to age up into the Super Champ division, all Super Champ players must be within the top 35% of eligible players on the Super Champ Standings List for the month prior to their birth month. In Super Champ Boys' and Girls' 12s, players may be ranked within the top 35 or be within the top 35% of eligible players.
For more information and to view the entire USTA Texas Junior Know the Rules update click here